“A Reagan appointee, Justice Kennedy is no liberal, as he has shown on issues from affirmative action to corporate campaign spending. But he has repeatedly sided with gay litigants before the court.”
- Related Quotes
- When telemarketers call me now, I won’t get the blow-horn. I’m more polite than the average person.
- You want to be excited about what you’re doing. So whenever I get tired, I think, ‘Would ten-year-old Adam be pretty stoked on what I’m doing and what’s happening?’ So I just live my life as if I’m using my ten-year-old brain.
- ‘Hard Times’ does not romanticize the Depression, but at least a few of Mr. Terkel’s subjects managed to find silver linings.
- A Reagan appointee, Justice Kennedy is no liberal, as he has shown on issues from affirmative action to corporate campaign spending. But he has repeatedly sided with gay litigants before the court.
- A federal Voters’ Bill of Rights could press the states to put non-partisan managers in charge of elections.
- A key reason that elections are run so badly is that in most states, political partisans are in charge.
- A little-appreciated downside of the technology revolution is that, mainly without thinking about it, we have given up ‘locational privacy.’
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.