“Age discrimination is illegal. But when compared with discrimination against racial minorities and women, it is a second-class civil rights issue.”
- A publicly run health care program could compete with private insurance companies, which have a record of overcharging and underperforming.
- A smart phone essentially creates a dossier of your travels, and consumers have no control over who will eventually see that information.
- After you pay your E-ZPass bill, there is no reason for the government to keep records of your travel.
- Age discrimination is illegal. But when compared with discrimination against racial minorities and women, it is a second-class civil rights issue.
- Amazon is holding its own because the service it provides – offering millions of books and other items quickly and easily from home at any hour of the day or night – is a real one, and one that was impossible before there was an Internet.
- An election in which people have to wait 10 hours to vote, or in which black voters wait in the rain for hours, while white voters zip through polling places, is unworthy of the world’s leading democracy.
- Anti-New Deal rhetoric has never disappeared from American political life.
Comments: Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful? Login or SignUp to reply comment.