“Art is individualism, and individualism is a disturbing and disintegrating force.”
- Anybody can be good in the country. There are no temptations there.
- Arguments are extremely vulgar, for everyone in good society holds exactly the same opinion.
- Arguments are to be avoided: they are always vulgar and often convincing.
- Art is individualism, and individualism is a disturbing and disintegrating force.
- Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known.
- Art never harms itself by keeping aloof from the social problems of the day: rather, by so doing, it more completely realises for us that which we desire.
- Art should never try to be popular. The public should try to make itself artistic.
Comments: Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful? Login or SignUp to reply comment.