“At 50, I began to know who I was. It was like waking up to myself.”
- Previous and Next Quotes
- And if a person is religious, I think it’s good, it helps you a bit. But if you’re not, at least you can have the sense that there is a condition inside you which looks at the stars with amazement and awe.
- Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
- As far as I knew white women were never lonely, except in books. White men adored them, Black men desired them and Black women worked for them.
- At 50, I began to know who I was. It was like waking up to myself.
- At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice.
- At one time in my life, from the time I was seven until I was about 13, I didn’t speak. I only spoke to my brother. The reason I didn’t speak: I had been molested, and I told the name of the molester to my brother who told it to the family.
- At one time, you could sit on the Rue de la Paix in Paris or at the Habima Theater in Tel Aviv or in Medina and you could see a person come in, black, white, it didn’t matter. You said, ‘That’s an American’ because there’s a readiness to smile and to talk to people.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.
- Related Search Results on:
- Angelou Quotes (259)
- At I began Quotes (2)
- At I Quotes (4)
- At Quotes (2870)
- Began Quotes (65)
- I Quotes (14872)
- It Quotes (8392)
- Know Quotes (2000)
- Like Quotes (3419)
- Maya Angelou Quotations (258)
- Maya Angelou Quotes (258)
- Maya Quotes (261)
- Quotations (37072)
- Quotations by Maya Angelou (258)
- Quotes by Maya Angelou (258)
- To Quotes (18171)
- Up Quotes (1893)
- Waking Quotes (18)
- Was Quotes (3719)
- Who Quotes (2747)
- At I began to know Quotes
- At I began to know who I Quotes
- At I began to know who I was It Quotes
- At I began to know who I was Quotes
- At I began to know who Quotes
- At I began to Quotes