“By improving health, empowering women, population growth comes down.”
- Bitcoin is mostly about anonymous transactions, and I don’t think over time that’s a good way to go. I’m a huge believe in digital currency… but doing it on an anonymous basis I think that leads to some abuses, so I’m not involved in Bitcoin.
- By 2018, an estimated 63 percent of all new U.S. jobs will require workers with an education beyond high school. For our young people to get those jobs, they first need to graduate from high school ready to start a postsecondary education.
- By 2035, there will be almost no poor countries left in the world. Almost all countries will be what we now call lower-middle income or richer.
- By improving health, empowering women, population growth comes down.
- By the time we see that climate change is really bad, your ability to fix it is extremely limited… The carbon gets up there, but the heating effect is delayed. And then the effect of that heat on the species and ecosystem is delayed. That means that even when you turn virtuous, things are actually going to get worse for quite a while.
- Capitalism has shortfalls. It doesn’t necessarily take care of the poor, and it underfunds innovation, so we have to offset that.
- Capitalism has worked very well. Anyone who wants to move to North Korea is welcome.
Comments: Login or SignUp to reply comment. Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Was this article helpful?