“Every filmmaker imbues a movie with their own point of view.”
- Creativity is an energy. It’s a precious energy, and it’s something to be protected. A lot of people take for granted that they’re a creative person, but I know from experience, feeling it in myself, it is a magic; it is an energy. And it can’t be taken for granted.
- Diversity is not one in the room. Diversity is not two in the room. Diversity is not three in the room. True diversity is half the room.
- Especially when we’re dealing with issues of race, culture, identity, and history, the time has passed for the ‘white savior’ holding the black person’s hand through their own history.
- Every filmmaker imbues a movie with their own point of view.
- Film is a mirror. I want to see more filmmakers. We all want to see ourselves.
- Film school was a privilege I could not afford.
- Filmmakers need to realize that their job isn’t done when they lock picture. We must see our films through.