“Few of us can stand prosperity. Another man’s, I mean.”
- Everything human is pathetic. The secret source of humor itself is not joy but sorrow. There is no humor in heaven.
- Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable.
- Familiarity breeds contempt – and children.
- Few of us can stand prosperity. Another man’s, I mean.
- Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
- Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn’t.
- Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.