“Film school was a privilege I could not afford.”
- Especially when we’re dealing with issues of race, culture, identity, and history, the time has passed for the ‘white savior’ holding the black person’s hand through their own history.
- Every filmmaker imbues a movie with their own point of view.
- Film is a mirror. I want to see more filmmakers. We all want to see ourselves.
- Film school was a privilege I could not afford.
- Filmmakers need to realize that their job isn’t done when they lock picture. We must see our films through.
- For a film to be made is a small miracle. And sometimes it’s a large one.
- For female directors, there’s a whole other set of things we have to think about, particularly when we are casting men, because there are some actors who have never been directed by a woman. Crew members, too.