“For a film to be made is a small miracle. And sometimes it’s a large one.”
- Film is a mirror. I want to see more filmmakers. We all want to see ourselves.
- Film school was a privilege I could not afford.
- Filmmakers need to realize that their job isn’t done when they lock picture. We must see our films through.
- For a film to be made is a small miracle. And sometimes it’s a large one.
- For female directors, there’s a whole other set of things we have to think about, particularly when we are casting men, because there are some actors who have never been directed by a woman. Crew members, too.
- I am honored to be one of this year’s Urbanworld ambassadors for the festival’s 20th anniversary, joining my friend David Oyelowo. I have always had a special relationship with Urbanworld, back to my days as a festival publicist to previewing my earlier films and now as an ambassador.
- I didn’t go to film school. I got my education on the set as a niche publicist in the film industry.
Comments: Login or SignUp to reply comment. Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Was this article helpful?