“Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.”
- Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
- Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
- Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.
- Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.
- Have we not come to such an impasse in the modern world that we must love our enemies – or else? The chain reaction of evil – hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars – must be broken, or else we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.
- He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.
- History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.