“‘Girls’ feels very active and stirring a conversation and controversial, and you can’t really ask for more as an actor.”
- While I’m working, I stick with music that won’t distract me – the dub stylings of Scientist and King Tubby, maybe some Beethoven string quartets.
- Writing novels is largely about endurance and patience. I take a lot of breaks, hit walls, and go do something else while I think things through. But I do it every day, and I try to treat it as a job, something that is not dictated by whimsy or muses.
- You know you’re a hopeless record nerd when your time travel fantasies always come around to how cool it would be to go back to 1973 and buy all the great funk and jazz and salsa records that came out that year on tiny obscure labels and are now really rare and expensive.
- ‘Girls’ feels very active and stirring a conversation and controversial, and you can’t really ask for more as an actor.
- Acting is a business and a political act and a craft, but I also feel like it’s a service – specifically, for a military audience.
- Acting is really about having the courage to fail in front of people.
- Acting, believe it or not, can get very self-involved! I feel fortunate to have been able to work on things with people who have a very specific point of view and perspective, and who feel like they’re doing something very active.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.