“Globalization has made copper and other minerals more valuable, and Ghana and Kenya have recently discovered mineral resources.”
- For a highly motivated learner, it’s not like knowledge is secret and somehow the Internet made it not secret. It just made knowledge easy to find. If you’re a motivated enough learner, books are pretty good.
- Fortunately for India, it has got a growing economy. If it is doing the right things with taxation and focusing on the right areas for human development, it is going to have no problem, over a period of time, taking care of its own needs.
- Given how few young people actually read the newspaper, it’s a good thing they’ll be reading a newspaper on a screen.
- Globalization has made copper and other minerals more valuable, and Ghana and Kenya have recently discovered mineral resources.
- Google’s done a super good job on search; Apple’s done a great job on the IPod.
- Governments will always play a huge part in solving big problems. They set public policy and are uniquely able to provide the resources to make sure solutions reach everyone who needs them. They also fund basic research, which is a crucial component of the innovation that improves life for everyone.
- Haiti should remind us all that there is an immediate need to invest in and promote long-term development projects that are sustainable, scalable, and proven to work.
Comments: Login or SignUp to reply comment. Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Was this article helpful?