“Habit converts luxurious enjoyments into dull and daily necessities.”
- From their experience or from the recorded experience of others (history), men learn only what their passions and their metaphysical prejudices allow them to learn.
- God isn’t compatible with machinery and scientific medicine and universal happiness. You must make your choice. Our civilization has chosen machinery and medicine and happiness.
- Great is truth, but still greater, from a practical point of view, is silence about truth. By simply not mentioning certain subjects… totalitarian propagandists have influenced opinion much more effectively than they could have by the most eloquent denunciations.
- Habit converts luxurious enjoyments into dull and daily necessities.
- Happiness is a hard master, particularly other people’s happiness.
- Hell isn’t merely paved with good intentions; it’s walled and roofed with them. Yes, and furnished too.
- I’m afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.