“I did work in a strip club, but I didn’t strip. I danced, and I became very popular.”
- I believe we are still so innocent. The species are still so innocent that a person who is apt to be murdered believes that the murderer, just before he puts the final wrench on his throat, will have enough compassion to give him one sweet cup of water.
- I could fall in love with a sumo wrestler if he told stories and made me laugh. Obviously, it would be easier if someone was African-American and lived next door and went to the same church. Because then I wouldn’t have to translate.
- I created myself. I have taught myself so much.
- I did work in a strip club, but I didn’t strip. I danced, and I became very popular.
- I do like to have guns around. I don’t like to carry them. But I like – if somebody is going to come into my house and I have not put out the welcome mat, I want to stop them.
- I don’t know how much longer I’ll be around. I’ll probably be writing when the Lord says, ‘Maya, , it’s time.’
- I don’t think there’s such a thing as autobiographical fiction. If I say it happened, it happened, even if only in my mind.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.