“I legitimately wanted to know if Mayor Bloomberg was going to ban large margaritas that I cry over while on a date alone at Dallas BBQ as a part of his controversial soda ban.”
- I grew up two train stops from where A Tribe Called Quest grew up, and one stop from Nas.
- I guess, like, I’ve always listened to rap, and I remember I specifically started listening to, like, pop-rap when I was, like, 11, you know, like Shaggy. I love Shaggy. And then I discovered, like, underground rap when I got to high school, and really, that’s when it kind of blossomed. I don’t feel like my love for rap blossomed off of Shaggy.
- I have lived in this city my whole life and have seen the way gentrification has changed it. I’m not necessarily against transplants, as 75 percent of my good friends, roommate, and boyfriend are not native New Yorkers.
- I legitimately wanted to know if Mayor Bloomberg was going to ban large margaritas that I cry over while on a date alone at Dallas BBQ as a part of his controversial soda ban.
- I like to make songs that are based on concepts.
- I like to rap about things that are funny but mostly things that are relatable. I remember there was this one song with Ja Rule, and I forgot, exactly, but it was with Ashanti, and there’s a line in it that was like, ‘She hit me up on AIM.’ But that wasn’t the actual line; it was something else, but I was like, ‘Oh my God, he uses AIM!’
- I really like gross Chinese things.