“I like to be real private; you don’t always want everyone around you – even when they like you.”
- I could beat my mike stand into the stage, but I was still in pain. Maybe fans liked it, but sometimes people forget you’re a person and they’re more into the entertainment value. It’s taken a long time to turn that around and give a strong show without it being a kamikaze show.
- I go to movies, go out with friends, go to car shows. I have a zoo.
- I like Nine Inch Nails, and I like hip-hop.
- I like to be real private; you don’t always want everyone around you – even when they like you.
- I really liked the Seattle movement.
- I sing in five or six different voices that are all part of me. It’s not contrived.
- I try to be respectful about getting an honor or recognition, but I don’t really know what the Rock Hall actually is. In my experience with the people who run it, I don’t see it having to do with anything other than them making money.