“I should tie myself to no particular system of society other than of socialism.”
- I made a mistake by being ejected from the presidency. Next time, I will choose a Cabinet which will allow me to be life President.
- I realized quickly what Mandela and Tambo meant to ordinary Africans. It was a place where they could come and find a sympathetic ear and a competent ally, a place where they would not be either turned away or cheated, a place where they might actually feel proud to be represented by men of their own skin color.
- I really wanted to retire and rest and spend more time with my children, my grandchildren and of course with my wife.
- I should tie myself to no particular system of society other than of socialism.
- I stand here before you not as a prophet, but as a humble servant of you, the people.
- I started to make a study of the art of war and revolution and, whilst abroad, underwent a course in military training. If there was to be guerrilla warfare, I wanted to be able to stand and fight with my people and to share the hazards of war with them.
- I was called a terrorist yesterday, but when I came out of jail, many people embraced me, including my enemies, and that is what I normally tell other people who say those who are struggling for liberation in their country are terrorists.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.