“I speak a number of languages, but none are more beautiful to me than English.”
- I read the Bible to myself; I’ll take any translation, any edition, and read it aloud, just to hear the language, hear the rhythm, and remind myself how beautiful English is.
- I refuse to allow any man-made differences to separate me from any other human beings.
- I respect myself and insist upon it from everybody. And because I do it, I then respect everybody, too.
- I speak a number of languages, but none are more beautiful to me than English.
- I speak to the black experience, but I am always talking about the human condition.
- I thank God I’m myself and for the life I’m given to live and for friends and lovers and beloveds, and I thank God for knowing that all those people have already paid for me.
- I think Clinton, after getting into office and into Washington, was shocked at being bludgeoned. So he spent time trying to be all things to all people – one way guaranteed not to be successful or respected in a lion’s den. You can’t just play around with all those big cats – you’ve got to take somebody on.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.