“I think I am a little jealous of women who have great girlfriends as adults.”
- I really admire Werner Herzog and Spike Lee. They’re amazing documentarians. If you took away all the narratives, they’d just be amazing documentarians.
- I spent a whole 12 years helping other people tell their stories as a publicist, so just to be able to go and write and get behind the camera, that’s my thing.
- I tell the stories that are of interest to me.
- I think I am a little jealous of women who have great girlfriends as adults.
- I think any black woman is a queen. It’s just, do you know it? Do you see it in yourself? Do you recognize it, do you abide by that, do you define yourself as that? Based on who we are and what we’ve been through and how we survive and where we stand, we are on kind of sacred ground. We stand on the backs of our ancestors.
- I think for female filmmakers a big issue is making their second and third films.
- I think good publicists are just like good mommies – always looking out, making sure folks are comfortable and making sure that folks are on time and making sure that folks are getting what they need and know what they need to do.
Comments: Login or SignUp to reply comment. Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Was this article helpful?