“I think that women definitely have a special bond as friends that is hard to describe to men, and we don’t often see that portrayed narratively.”
- I think good publicists are just like good mommies – always looking out, making sure folks are comfortable and making sure that folks are on time and making sure that folks are getting what they need and know what they need to do.
- I think that black people making art, women making art, and certainly black women making art is a disruptive endeavor – and it’s one that I enjoy extremely.
- I think that if we really want to break it down, that non-black filmmakers have had many, many years and many, many opportunities to tell many, many stories about themselves, and black filmmakers have not had as many years, as many opportunities, as many films to explore the nuances of our reality.
- I think that women definitely have a special bond as friends that is hard to describe to men, and we don’t often see that portrayed narratively.
- I usually make films with $2 and a paper clip.
- I want more girls to be able to see themselves behind the camera creating images we all enjoy, and I want to call attention to the fact that women directors are here all over the world.
- I want to be an old lady, with my cane, shouting, ‘Action!’ and ‘Cut!’