“I want to be an old lady, with my cane, shouting, ‘Action!’ and ‘Cut!’”
- I think that women definitely have a special bond as friends that is hard to describe to men, and we don’t often see that portrayed narratively.
- I usually make films with $2 and a paper clip.
- I want more girls to be able to see themselves behind the camera creating images we all enjoy, and I want to call attention to the fact that women directors are here all over the world.
- I want to be an old lady, with my cane, shouting, ‘Action!’ and ‘Cut!’
- I was a publicist for other people’s movies.
- I wish I could be the black woman Soderbergh, and put the camera on my shoulder and shoot beautifully while I directed.
- I’d be absolutely happy to go back and make a smaller picture. I never want my choices to be dictated by budget. That’s one of the reasons why I take so much pride in being able to make films for $2 and a paper clip – because I can always get my hands on $2 and a paper clip. I never have to ask for permission for that.
Comments: Login or SignUp to reply comment. Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Was this article helpful?