“I was married a few times, and one of my husbands was jealous of me writing.”
- I want to write so well that a person is 30 or 40 pages in a book of mine… before she realizes she’s reading.
- I was a dancer for many years. I was a premier dancer with ‘Porgy and Bess,’ the opera. And I taught dance some, in different places.
- I was born in St. Louis but lived there just for a few minutes in my life.
- I was married a few times, and one of my husbands was jealous of me writing.
- I was very blessed to have family and friends, but particularly family, who told me I was not only all right, I was just right, so I believe that my brain is a good one, and it’s lasting me very well.
- I wasn’t a pretty girl. I was six feet tall at 15, you know.
- I will not sit in a room with black people when the N word is used. I know it was meant to belittle a person, so I will not sit there and have that poison put on me. Now a black person can say, ‘Oh, you know, I can use this word because I’m black.’
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.