“I wasn’t a pretty girl. I was six feet tall at 15, you know.”
- I was born in St. Louis but lived there just for a few minutes in my life.
- I was married a few times, and one of my husbands was jealous of me writing.
- I was very blessed to have family and friends, but particularly family, who told me I was not only all right, I was just right, so I believe that my brain is a good one, and it’s lasting me very well.
- I wasn’t a pretty girl. I was six feet tall at 15, you know.
- I will not sit in a room with black people when the N word is used. I know it was meant to belittle a person, so I will not sit there and have that poison put on me. Now a black person can say, ‘Oh, you know, I can use this word because I’m black.’
- I work very hard, and I play very hard. I’m grateful for life. And I live it – I believe life loves the liver of it. I live it.
- I would be a liar, a hypocrite, or a fool – and I’m not any of those – to say that I don’t write for the reader. I do. But for the reader who hears, who really will work at it, going behind what I seem to say. So I write for myself and that reader who will pay the dues.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.