“I’m not trying to unite Asian people with my music.”
- I was always that kid. When I got ice cream, I put it in my eye. When I got my license, I got pulled over so many times for playing ‘Les Mis’ too loud.
- I was physically addicted to ‘Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland’ for PS2.
- I was working a corporate job, but I really wanted to do music.
- I’m not trying to unite Asian people with my music.
- I’m torn between wanting to connect with what I grew up with and what’s available, living in Brooklyn. I don’t have a grimy supermarket that decapitates frogs’ heads nearby.
- If women dabble in rap but they’re not rappers, to get from dabbling to doing it is really difficult, confidence-wise.
- If you don’t address race, then people are like, ‘Why don’t you talk about the elephant in the room?’ But you have to do it right. It can’t be gimmicky.
Comments: Login or SignUp to reply comment. Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Was this article helpful?