“In a budget, how important is art versus music versus athletics versus computer programming? At the end of the day, some of those trade-offs will be made politically.”
- In 80% of the world, energy will be bought where it is economic. You have to help the rest of the world get energy at a reasonable price.
- In American math classes, we teach a lot of concepts poorly over many years. In the Asian systems they teach you very few concepts very well over a few years.
- In K-12, almost everybody goes to local schools. Universities are a bit different because kids actually do pick the university. The bizarre thing, though, is that the merit of university is actually how good the students going in are: the SAT scores of the kids going in.
- In a budget, how important is art versus music versus athletics versus computer programming? At the end of the day, some of those trade-offs will be made politically.
- In almost every area of human endeavor, the practice improves over time. That hasn’t been the case for teaching.
- In almost every job now, people use software and work with information to enable their organisation to operate more effectively.
- In business, the idea of measuring what you are doing, picking the measurements that count like customer satisfaction and performance… you thrive on that.
Comments: Login or SignUp to reply comment. Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Was this article helpful?