“In a magazine, one can get – from cover to cover – 15 to 20 different ideas about life and how to live it.”
- If you’re a human being, you can attempt to do what other human beings have done. We don’t understand talent any more than we understand electricity.
- If you’re serious, you really understand that it’s important that you laugh as much as possible and admit that you’re the funniest person you ever met. You have to laugh. Admit that you’re funny. Otherwise, you die in solemnity.
- In a long meter hymn, a singer – they call it ‘lays out a line.’ And then the whole church joins in in repeating that line. And they form a wall of harmony so tight, you can’t wedge a pin between it.
- In a magazine, one can get – from cover to cover – 15 to 20 different ideas about life and how to live it.
- In all my work, I try to say – ‘You may be given a load of sour lemons, why not try to make a dozen lemon meringue pies?’
- In all my work, in the movies I write, the lyrics, the poetry, the prose, the essays, I am saying that we may encounter many defeats – maybe it’s imperative that we encounter the defeats – but we are much stronger than we appear to be and maybe much better than we allow ourselves to be. Human beings are more alike than unalike.
- In so many ways, segregation shaped me, and education liberated me.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.