“In America the young are always ready to give to those who are older than themselves the full benefits of their inexperience.”
- If you pretend to be good, the world takes you very seriously. If you pretend to be bad, it doesn’t. Such is the astounding stupidity of optimism.
- Illusion is the first of all pleasures.
- In America the President reigns for four years, and Journalism governs forever and ever.
- In America the young are always ready to give to those who are older than themselves the full benefits of their inexperience.
- In England, an inventor is regarded almost as a crazy man, and in too many instances, invention ends in disappointment and poverty. In America, an inventor is honoured, help is forthcoming, and the exercise of ingenuity, the application of science to the work of man, is there the shortest road to wealth.
- In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
- In designing the scenery and costumes for any of Shakespeare’s plays, the first thing the artist has to settle is the best date for the drama. This should be determined by the general spirit of the play more than by any actual historical references which may occur in it.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.