“In too much of the West, everyone wants the guarantee of safety, and never having to make any decisions.”
- If you’ve ever hauled a 28-pound two-year-old around New York, you’ll find that men fold at the knees a lot quicker than women.
- In America, there might be better gastronomic destinations than New Orleans, but there is no place more uniquely wonderful.
- In college, I think I probably positioned myself as an aspiring writer, meaning I dressed sort of extravagantly and adopted all the semi-Byronic affectations, as if I were writing, although I wasn’t actually doing any writing.
- In too much of the West, everyone wants the guarantee of safety, and never having to make any decisions.
- Is there a sharper commentary on American culture and the world than The Simpsons?
- It just seems there’s better things to do in your life than be on television if it’s not interesting, if it’s not challenging, if it’s not fun. You know? When it stops being those things for me, I’ll stop making television.
- It would be an egregious mistake to ever refer to me in the same breath as most of the people I write about.
Comments: Login or SignUp to reply comment. Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Was this article helpful?