“It ain’t those parts of the Bible that I can’t understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand.”
- In ‘Huckleberry Finn,’ I have drawn Tom Blankenship exactly as he was. He was ignorant, unwashed, insufficiently fed; but he had as good a heart as ever any boy had.
- In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours.
- In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards.
- It ain’t those parts of the Bible that I can’t understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand.
- It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.
- It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
- It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.