“Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: ‘I’m with you kid. Let’s go.’”
- Related Quotes
- It’s still scary every time I go back to the past. Each morning, my heart catches. When I get there, I remember how the light was, where the draft was coming from, what odors were in the air. When I write, I get all the weeping out.
- It’s very important to know the neighbor next door and the people down the street and the people in another race.
- Life loves the liver of it.
- Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: ‘I’m with you kid. Let’s go.’
- Like a pianist runs her fingers over the keys, I’ll search my mind for what to say. Now, the poem may want you to write it. And then sometimes you see a situation and think, ‘I’d like to write about that.’ Those are two different ways of being approached by a poem, or approaching a poem.
- Living in a state of terror was new to many white people in America, but black people have been living in a state of terror in this country for more than 400 years.
- Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.