“Loving someone liberates the lover as well as the beloved. And that kind of love comes with age.”
- Living in a state of terror was new to many white people in America, but black people have been living in a state of terror in this country for more than 400 years.
- Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time.
- Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.
- Loving someone liberates the lover as well as the beloved. And that kind of love comes with age.
- Modesty is a learned affectation. And as soon as life slams the modest person against the wall, that modesty drops.
- Most people don’t grow up. It’s too damn difficult. What happens is most people get older. That’s the truth of it. They honor their credit cards, they find parking spaces, they marry, they have the nerve to have children, but they don’t grow up.
- Most plain girls are virtuous because of the scarcity of opportunity to be otherwise.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.