“Man can believe the impossible, but man can never believe the improbable.”
- Previous and Next Quotes
- Life is never fair, and perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not.
- Literature must rest always on a principle, and temporal considerations are no principle at all. For, to the poet, all times and places are one; the stuff he deals with is eternal and eternally the same: no theme is inept, no past or present preferable.
- London is too full of fogs and serious people. Whether the fogs produce the serious people, or whether the serious people produce the fogs, I don’t know.
- Man can believe the impossible, but man can never believe the improbable.
- Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
- Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
- Memory… is the diary that we all carry about with us.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.
- Related Search Results on:
- Believe Quotes (744)
- But Quotes (5299)
- Can Quotes (3147)
- Impossible Quotes (128)
- Improbable Quotes (12)
- Man can Quotes (5)
- Man Quotes (1312)
- Never Quotes (1878)
- Oscar Quotes (242)
- Oscar Wilde Quotations (232)
- Oscar Wilde Quotes (232)
- Quotations (37072)
- Quotations by Oscar Wilde (232)
- Quotes by Oscar Wilde (232)
- The Quotes (20855)
- Wilde Quotes (233)
- Man can believe Quotes
- Man can believe the impossible but man can never believe Quotes
- Man can believe the impossible but man can never Quotes
- Man can believe the impossible but man can Quotes
- Man can believe the impossible but man Quotes
- Man can believe the impossible but Quotes
- Man can believe the impossible Quotes
- Man can believe the Quotes