“Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.”
- Modesty is a learned affectation. And as soon as life slams the modest person against the wall, that modesty drops.
- Most people don’t grow up. It’s too damn difficult. What happens is most people get older. That’s the truth of it. They honor their credit cards, they find parking spaces, they marry, they have the nerve to have children, but they don’t grow up.
- Most plain girls are virtuous because of the scarcity of opportunity to be otherwise.
- Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.
- My grandmother took me to church on Sunday all day long, every Sunday into the night. Then Monday evening was the missionary meeting. Tuesday evening was usher board meeting. Wednesday evening was prayer meeting. Thursday evening was visit the sick. Friday evening was choir practice. I mean, and at all those gatherings, we sang.
- My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.
- My greatest blessing has been the birth of my son. My next greatest blessing has been my ability to turn people into children of mine.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.