“My every birthday wish was, ‘I want to someday be on TV.’”
- It’s not nice to say it – I know female musicians, but not so many rappers. I can’t think of one I idolize, which is sad, but I’m hoping that will change.
- Let’s take Taylor Swift. She lives in a huge beautiful apartment; she gets limo-ed everywhere. She’s not seeing what it means to live in New York.
- More than anything, I’m an American kid, and my music reflects that more so than being an Asian-American. I think it’s important but also something that can detrimental to your career if celebrated too much.
- My every birthday wish was, ‘I want to someday be on TV.’
- My grandma was very traditional, but she herself is a rebel of that culture.
- My grandmother can never really teach me anything because she skips steps.
- My mom passed away when I was 4 years old, and she came from a very conservative Korean background. I feel like my life would’ve been incredibly different had she still been alive.
Comments: Login or SignUp to reply comment. Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Was this article helpful?