“My father is sure that Israel keeps the Holocaust from happening again. I worry that it might hasten its recurrence.”
- Listen to the pregnant woman. Value her. She values the life growing inside her. Listen to the pregnant woman, and you cannot help but defend her right to abortion.
- Look, if you ask a child, ‘Would you rather have a fulfilled mother or a stay-at-home Sylvia Plath,’ they’ll pick Sylvia Plath every time. But I think it’s really important that children don’t feel their parents’ emotional lives depend on their success.
- Most writers spend their lives standing a little apart from the crowd, watching and listening and hoping to catch that tiny hint of despair, that sliver of malice, that makes them think, ‘Aha, here is the story.’
- My father is sure that Israel keeps the Holocaust from happening again. I worry that it might hasten its recurrence.
- My kids are incredibly secure. More and more of their friends’ parents are divorcing, but my kids have absolute confidence that we’ll stay together forever. That goes a long, long way.
- My new novel ‘Red Hook Road’ began many years ago as a short article in the newspaper.
- My own husband was divorced when we met, but without kids. I don’t know what I would have done if he’d had them. I got the message very early on that the worst mistake a woman can make is marrying a man with children.
Comments: Login or SignUp to reply comment. Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Was this article helpful?