“My songs aren’t bubble gum pop dance songs and I don’t have background dancers on every single song.”
- It’s so different now coming out as a new artist today than it was when I came out almost ten years ago. Now, it’s all about singles, it’s really quick, it’s online. I came out when people sold records and they still do today but – I don’t know what the key is.
- It’s so easy for me to do a boy-bashing pop song, but to sit down and write honestly about something that’s really close to me, something I’ve been through, it’s a totally different thing.
- Life is like a roller coaster, live it, be happy, enjoy life.
- My songs aren’t bubble gum pop dance songs and I don’t have background dancers on every single song.
- No one really knows what I’m really like, and you won’t unless you spend a day with me, or if you’re my friend. No one ever knows what anyone is really like. Read all the interviews you want on them, it’s just the media talking and you can’t really get to know someone that way, obviously.
- On my first album I was wearing a lot of guys pants, baggy clothes and stuff like that. I was 17 and I was a little tomboy. And you would never see me wearing a dress or heels on my first record.
- People are like, ‘Well, she doesn’t know the Sex Pistols.’ Why would I know that stuff? Look how young I am. That stuff’s old, right?
Comments: Login or SignUp to reply comment. Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Was this article helpful?