“Praise undeserved, is satire in disguise.”
- Our passions are like convulsion fits, which, though they make us stronger for a time, leave us the weaker ever after.
- Party-spirit at best is but the madness of many for the gain of a few.
- Passions are the gales of life.
- Praise undeserved, is satire in disguise.
- Pride is still aiming at the best houses: Men would be angels, angels would be gods. Aspiring to be gods, if angels fell; aspiring to be angels men rebel.
- Remembrance and reflection how allied. What thin partitions divides sense from thought.
- Satan is wiser now than before, and tempts by making rich instead of poor.