- ‘Women’s fashion’ is a euphemism for fashion created by men for women.
- As long as there is rape… there is not going to be any peace or justice or equality or freedom. You are not going to become what you want to become or who you want to become. You are not going to live in the world you want to live in.
- Being a Jew, one learns to believe in the reality of cruelty and one learns to recognize indifference to human suffering as a fact.
- Childbearing is glorified in part because women die from it.
- Feminism is hated because women are hated. Anti-feminism is a direct expression of misogyny; it is the political defense of women hating.
- Genocide begins, however improbably, in the conviction that classes of biological distinction indisputably sanction social and political discrimination.
- Male supremacy is fused into the language, so that every sentence both heralds and affirms it.
- Men are distinguished from women by their commitment to do violence rather than to be victimized by it.
- Men have defined the parameters of every subject. All feminist arguments, however radical in intent or consequence, are with or against assertions or premises implicit in the male system, which is made credible or authentic by the power of men to name.
- Men know everything – all of them – all the time – no matter how stupid or inexperienced or arrogant or ignorant they are.
- Men who want to support women in our struggle for freedom and justice should understand that it is not terrifically important to us that they learn to cry; it is important to us that they stop the crimes of violence against us.
- Money speaks, but it speaks with a male voice.
- No woman needs intercourse; few women escape it.
- Only when manhood is dead – and it will perish when ravaged femininity no longer sustains it – only then will we know what it is to be free.
- Seduction is often difficult to distinguish from rape. In seduction, the rapist often bothers to buy a bottle of wine.
- The common erotic project of destroying women makes it possible for men to unite into a brotherhood; this project is the only firm and trustworthy groundwork for cooperation among males and all male bonding is based on it.
- The genius of any slave system is found in the dynamics which isolate slaves from each other, obscure the reality of a common condition, and make united rebellion against the oppressor inconceivable.
- Undernourished, intelligence becomes like the bloated belly of a starving child: swollen, filled with nothing the body can use.
- While gossip among women is universally ridiculed as low and trivial, gossip among men, especially if it is about women, is called theory, or idea, or fact.
- Women have been taught that, for us, the earth is flat, and that if we venture out, we will fall off the edge. Some of us have ventured out nevertheless, and so far we have not fallen off. It is my faith, my feminist faith, that we will not.
- You think intercourse is a private act; it’s not, it’s a social act. Men are sexually predatory in life; and women are sexually manipulative. When two individuals come together and leave their gender outside the bedroom door, then they make love.
Quotes by Andrea Dworkin
Quotes by Andrea Dworkin