“Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge which is power; religion gives man wisdom which is control.”
- Pity may represent little more than the impersonal concern which prompts the mailing of a check, but true sympathy is the personal concern which demands the giving of one’s soul.
- Property is intended to serve life, and no matter how much we surround it with rights and respect, it has no personal being. It is part of the earth man walks on. It is not man.
- Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.
- Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge which is power; religion gives man wisdom which is control.
- Seeing is not always believing.
- Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will.
- Since being in India, I am more convinced than ever before that the method of nonviolent resistance is the most potent weapon available to oppressed people in their struggle for justice and human dignity.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.