“Self-pity in its early stage is as snug as a feather mattress. Only when it hardens does it become uncomfortable.”
- Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.
- Politicians must set their aims for the high ground and according to our various leanings, Democratic, Republican, Independent, we will follow. Politicians must be told if they continue to sink into the mud of obscenity, they will proceed alone.
- Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future and renders the present inaccessible.
- Self-pity in its early stage is as snug as a feather mattress. Only when it hardens does it become uncomfortable.
- Shakespeare – I was very influenced – still am – by Shakespeare. I couldn’t believe that a white man in the 16th century could so know my heart.
- Some critics will write ‘ is a natural writer’ – which is right after being a natural heart surgeon.
- Somehow, we have come to the erroneous belief that we are all but flesh, blood, and bones, and that’s all. So we direct our values to material things.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.