“Somehow, we have come to the erroneous belief that we are all but flesh, blood, and bones, and that’s all. So we direct our values to material things.”
- Self-pity in its early stage is as snug as a feather mattress. Only when it hardens does it become uncomfortable.
- Shakespeare – I was very influenced – still am – by Shakespeare. I couldn’t believe that a white man in the 16th century could so know my heart.
- Some critics will write ‘ is a natural writer’ – which is right after being a natural heart surgeon.
- Somehow, we have come to the erroneous belief that we are all but flesh, blood, and bones, and that’s all. So we direct our values to material things.
- That’s the biggest gift I can give anybody: ‘Wake up, be aware of who you are, what you’re doing and what you can do to prevent yourself from becoming ill.’
- The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.
- The best comfort food will always be greens, cornbread, and fried chicken.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.