“Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.”
- Some people, through luck and skill, end up with a lot of assets. If you’re good at kicking a ball, writing software, investing in stocks, it pays extremely well.
- Some very poor countries run great vaccination systems, and some richer ones run terrible programs.
- Steve Jobs’ ability to focus in on a few things that count, get people who get user interface right, and market things as revolutionary are amazing things.
- Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
- Teaching’s hard! You need different skills: positive reinforcement, keeping students from getting bored, commanding their attention in a certain way.
- Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.
- Technology is unlocking the innate compassion we have for our fellow human beings.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Was this article helpful?Login or SignUp to reply comment