“The poetry you read has been written for you, each of you – black, white, Hispanic, man, woman, gay, straight.”
- The most important thing I can tell you about aging is this: If you really feel that you want to have an off-the-shoulder blouse and some big beads and thong sandals and a dirndl skirt and a magnolia in your hair, do it. Even if you’re wrinkled.
- The need for change bulldozed a road down the center of my mind.
- The only thing is, people have to develop courage. It is most important of all the virtues. Because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtues consistently.
- The poetry you read has been written for you, each of you – black, white, Hispanic, man, woman, gay, straight.
- The sadness of the women’s movement is that they don’t allow the necessity of love. See, I don’t personally trust any revolution where love is not allowed.
- The terrorist action of 9/11 gave birth to President Obama’s entry to the White House. Not directly, but indirectly.
- The thing to do, it seems to me, is to prepare yourself so you can be a rainbow in somebody else’s cloud. Somebody who may not look like you. May not call God the same name you call God – if they call God at all. I may not dance your dances or speak your language. But be a blessing to somebody. That’s what I think.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.