“The trains were the beating heart of the New York graffiti scene.”
- Previous and Next Quotes
- The paradox of being in an industry where other people are usually the gatekeepers: publishers, editors – there are a lot of barriers to having control over your career. But coming out of hip-hop, the mindset was always to create your own.
- The publishing industry stopped having new ideas out of respect for the untimely death of Ernest Hemingway in 1961 and has been doing everything the same way ever since.
- The thing I love about being a novelist is that with each project, you invent a new world. You approach it with a different set of aesthetic and structural ideas, and you grapple with a different series of problems in figuring out how to tell the story. And yet there are certain concerns that stay constant.
- The trains were the beating heart of the New York graffiti scene.
- There is perhaps no better way to appreciate the dizzying stupidity of the United States than to chat with 25 consecutive morning radio hosts.
- There’s a lot of demand to hear the new Kanye West album before it hits the streets. There’s much less demand to read the new Phillip Roth novel.
- To be a white kid into hip-hop meant you’d sought it out and you practiced the art. Which meant dedication and diligence, as well as removing yourself at least occasionally from your own comfort zone and circumstances, and from people who looked like you.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.
- Related Search Results on:
- Adam Mansbach Quotations (67)
- Adam Mansbach Quotes (67)
- Adam Quotes (1095)
- Beating Quotes (20)
- Graffiti Quotes (8)
- Heart Quotes (344)
- Mansbach Quotes (67)
- New Quotes (747)
- Of Quotes (15086)
- Quotations (37072)
- Quotations by Adam Mansbach (67)
- Quotes by Adam Mansbach (67)
- Scene Quotes (51)
- The Quotes (20855)
- Trains Quotes (7)
- Were Quotes (1394)
- York Quotes (158)
- The trains Quotes
- The trains were Quotes
- The trains were the beating heart of Quotes
- The trains were the beating heart of the New Quotes
- The trains were the beating heart of the New York Quotes
- The trains were the beating heart of the Quotes
- The trains were the beating heart Quotes
- The trains were the beating Quotes
- The trains were the Quotes