“To understand me, you have to meet me and be around me. And then only if I’m in a good mood – don’t meet me in a bad mood.”
- On my first album I was wearing a lot of guys pants, baggy clothes and stuff like that. I was 17 and I was a little tomboy. And you would never see me wearing a dress or heels on my first record.
- People are like, ‘Well, she doesn’t know the Sex Pistols.’ Why would I know that stuff? Look how young I am. That stuff’s old, right?
- The mall tour was right off of my second record, before it came out. It was very different. I did an acoustic performance every day in a different mall! One interesting thing I remember is playing ‘My Happy Ending’ a lot, and that song was so new that I remember getting emotional.
- To understand me, you have to meet me and be around me. And then only if I’m in a good mood – don’t meet me in a bad mood.
- We have parties at my house. My girlfriends and I play our iPods, with all of our favorite songs. We pick our songs and jump up on the counter and dance, and do runway stuff, and we take video with my camera. When I’m with my girlfriends, I act like I’m 19.
- Well, a lot of people don’t know this about me, but I’m actually shy around people I don’t know. I would just say with my first concert, my first tour, I didn’t really talk onstage. I was like, ‘Thank you, I love you guys,’ or whatever. But now I’ve just kind of learned to work a crowd.
- When I tour, I stuff fridges full of organic food and stick to that.