“We are not makers of history. We are made by history.”
- Previous and Next Quotes
- Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. I am not unmindful of the fact that violence often brings about momentary results. Nations have frequently won their independence in battle. But in spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace.
- War is a poor chisel to carve out tomorrow.
- Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows.
- We are not makers of history. We are made by history.
- We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.
- We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
- We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.
- Related Search Results on:
- Are Quotes (5203)
- By Quotes (2253)
- History Quotes (342)
- Jr Quotes (185)
- King Quotes (282)
- Luther Quotes (114)
- Made Quotes (648)
- Makers Quotes (7)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Quotations (107)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes (107)
- Martin Quotes (157)
- Not Quotes (5851)
- Of Quotes (15086)
- Quotations (37072)
- Quotations by Martin Luther King Jr. (107)
- Quotes by Martin Luther King Jr. (107)
- We are not Quotes (24)
- We are Quotes (132)
- We Quotes (3653)
- We are not makers of history Quotes
- We are not makers of history We are made by Quotes
- We are not makers of history We are made Quotes
- We are not makers of history We are Quotes
- We are not makers of history We Quotes
- We are not makers of Quotes
- We are not makers Quotes