“We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.”
- We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.
- We must concentrate not merely on the negative expulsion of war but the postive affirmation of peace.
- We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
- We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
- We must use time creatively.
- We who in engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive.
- Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality.
Comments: Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful? Login or SignUp to reply comment.