“You want to be excited about what you’re doing. So whenever I get tired, I think, ‘Would ten-year-old Adam be pretty stoked on what I’m doing and what’s happening?’ So I just live my life as if I’m using my ten-year-old brain.”
- When I was 15, I worked as a bag boy in a grocery store. I also needed to walk old ladies to their car and put their bags in the car, and they would give me two dollars. I felt like the richest man in the world.
- When I was a teenager, I was an umpire for a competitive league for 8- to 9-year-olds. I was really bad at it because I didn’t know all the rules, and all these kids were better athletes than me. I made a bad call, and this dad snapped on me. Then he dumped his trash from his cooler, and I had to kick him out of the stands.
- When telemarketers call me now, I won’t get the blow-horn. I’m more polite than the average person.
- You want to be excited about what you’re doing. So whenever I get tired, I think, ‘Would ten-year-old Adam be pretty stoked on what I’m doing and what’s happening?’ So I just live my life as if I’m using my ten-year-old brain.
- ‘Hard Times’ does not romanticize the Depression, but at least a few of Mr. Terkel’s subjects managed to find silver linings.
- A Reagan appointee, Justice Kennedy is no liberal, as he has shown on issues from affirmative action to corporate campaign spending. But he has repeatedly sided with gay litigants before the court.
- A federal Voters’ Bill of Rights could press the states to put non-partisan managers in charge of elections.
Leave feedback below about how to improve it. Submit your Answer or Question. Was this article helpful?
Login or SignUp to reply Comment (or) Comment Anonymously.