“Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.”
Quotes by E. E. Cummings
Quotes by E. E. Cummings
- A politician is an arse upon which everyone has sat except a man.
- A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long.
- Always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
- America makes prodigious mistakes, America has colossal faults, but one thing cannot be denied: America is always on the move. She may be going to Hell, of course, but at least she isn’t standing still.
- At least the Pilgrim Fathers used to shoot Indians: the Pilgrim Children merely punch time clocks.
- Be of love a little more careful than of anything.
- Humanity I love you because when you’re hard up you pawn your intelligence to buy a drink.
- I imagine that yes is the only living thing.
- I like my body when it is with your body. It is so quite new a thing. Muscles better and nerves more.
- I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.
- I’d rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance.
- I’d rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance.
- It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
- It takes three to make a child.
- Kisses are a better fate than wisdom.
- Knowledge is a polite word for dead but not buried imagination.
- Listen; there’s a hell of a good universe next door: let’s go.
- Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
- Private property began the instant somebody had a mind of his own.
- The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
- The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful.
- To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else – means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
- To destroy is always the first step in any creation.
- To like an individual because he’s black is just as insulting as to dislike him because he isn’t white.
- Unbeing dead isn’t being alive.
- Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense.